Saturday, August 4, 2018

The value of things




I've tried to sell things that I can't take with me for the new house near father. In this process, I'm learning that the value of things is not based on reason :)

I have lots of books, some want to give, others I keep to sell.

Americans have an interesting way of selling their things, before moving to another place. They put their stuff in front of the house and neighbours go by.

I tried the internet, in a blog called "Objectos felizes" ("Happy objects"): 
https://objectos-felizes.blogs.sapo.pt/
Now I understand what's happening: most of my readers are american and my books are written in portuguese.
I'm beginning to realize that I'll have to carry my books with me :)

So, I decided to use the blog to talk about the value of things. 
Yes, I prefer to share with you what I really think about the monetary value that experts and ordinary people give to things.
As I said before, I consider that the amount agreed between the seller and the buyer, especially antiques and artistic things, is not based on reason. And sometimes it'is even completely crazy :)


No comments:

Post a Comment