Saturday, March 12, 2016

American cinema shaped our culture


Cinema is the art form of the twentieth century, but also a cultural medium. Generations have grown up with films and spent hours inside dark movie theaters. 

Why is it important to recall these magic moments of innovation, the way of telling stories and spreading ideas? 
The answer is right in front of us: our culture, I'm referring to western culture, is giving in to trash culture. Sorry, but it's true.
The Trump speeches, for instance, what are they... but trash? The american people should tremble only by this fact: Trump is running for president of the United States. I'm trembling and I'm not american. Well, somehow I'm american too, I grew up with american movies and I breathed their culture, their ideas, their ideals.

So, I'll choose a movie each week until November. The first one is a Preminger, The Man with the Golden Arm.  






No comments:

Post a Comment